The dreary fall weather has arrived and lately, I have been fantasizing of warm, tropical warm beaches and the feeling sand under my toes. I thought that I should switch things up and make an island-inspired clean treat! I found a delicious protein muffin recipe and I wanted to play with it a bit. Instead of baking with apples (since it’s so over done in the fall season), I would work with bananas and almonds! Personally, I’m not too crazy about banana flavored anything but as I sinked my teeth into these… well, let’s just say I regret everything I ever said about disliking banana pastries!
The recipe was so simple and easy that I was able to make these quickly before bedtime and throw them into the fridge for the next day!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 banana, cut
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Vanilla Milkshake @QuestNurition)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup @zoigreekyogurt
- 2 tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Sprinkle of sliced almonds
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, prepare muffin pan with cooking spray/paper cups.
- Combine ingredients (except the almonds!) in large bowl & mix well.
- Sprinkle almonds on top of the muffins prior to baking. Divide batter in the muffin tray and bake for 18-20 minutes.
MACROS & CALORIES (for one muffin)
Calories: 138 Fat: 3g Carbs: 19g Protein: 10g
Let me know if you make these muffins and what you think! You can totally play with different types of whey proteins and fruit which makes this recipe super great and flexible. Enjoy!